Monday, July 25, 2011

The Awesomeness of MTV Worldstage!!!

Okay, to start off, many thanks to my dear cousins for providing transport, company, and tickets to go for MTV WORLDSTAGE 2011 LIVE IN MALAYSIA at iCity, Shah Alam yesterday(24/7/2011). And of course, never forget to thank the Lord for giving me this awesome opportunity to experience such awesomeness =)

To be honest, I don't know where to start. I guess it starts when my cousin picked me up about 3pm. I was already excited but still tired because of Mathematics exam the day before *sighs*.

Parking. A typical Malaysian problem. So my cousin received a call from her friend who'd already reached before us. Apparently her friend parked quite a distance away. Okay, so we were getting a bit worried. But we still continued on, with hopes that we'll get a car park nearby.

Since registration starts at 3.30pm, the line was awfully long. Unfortunately, I took the freaking picture on my sister's hp, and am unable to upload to my comp. No idea why. No wonder she hates her phone =.=

So we were so lucky to get a spot near the registration area. Condition? Open area, and fees of RM 10. Oh well, I guess they jack up everything else since your ticket is free.

I myself brought a small bag, courtesy of my sis, with rubbish inside since they don't allow umbrellas, water and food. which I though was a bit too much. But I gave in anyway since this was like those once in a lifetime moments.

After lining up for probably half an hour (I totally lost track of time since I was just looking forward to the performance). Plus point of waiting in that long registration line? We got to hear BEAST practicing!! We knew what songs they'll probably sing already anyways. Saw church buddies =)

After registering and getting the awesome goodies(now that I think of it, it wasn't all that awesome.), we moved on to another place where we had to wait. (ugh, more waiting). Again, I lost track of time, but we waited till it was roughly 6.30pm. *quite punctual really*

Poor girl beside us took out her camera and was caught by the security, thank God we hid ours and never took it out >.< We ended up playing cards on the ground. *Sorry to my cousins for playing with dumbo me*

I was starting to get thirsty, but I tahan. One miserable cup of drink= RM 5. My class used to sell it for RM1.50. See what I mean by jacking up prices??

Finally got in through the gates after standing for so long in a freaking crowd with literally no air. That's where the fan they gave came into play. It was probably the item that saved me from fainting throughout the whole show.

Deciding on a good spot than to quench our thirst, we ended up running to the left corner where a crew member told us there were lesser people. True enough, I was like just behind another person, who was just behind the barricade.

But we were still so close to the security people, so I dare not take out my camera. Hitz FM deejays and another DJ, forgot from which station liao =.=, started giving an intro, and trying to get the people pumped up. Well, it was okay I guess, but I wanted to see the acts more than them XD

Waited and waited, with a guy behind squeezing, trying to get to the front where his friends were. Seriously, I think that guy was younger than me, and I felt like yelling at him. Why?? He kept squishing near me that I had to give way, hello! I'm a girl okay??. And the drink he brought with him?? Yeah, he just threw it in front of me, and the girl in front of me accidentally stepped on it. And she thought it was me. How innocent I was. Sheesh.

That aside, they were playing music videos on the screens. Er, I could only remember BEAST's Shock, Big Bang's Tonight, Katy Perry's ET which was played twice =.= and loads of ads.

Finally, Popshuvit came out. I'm not their fan, but I had to admit, it was awesome to hear them live. Bad part?? The guys behind started jumping like crazy and bangging others, and I was pushed in front. Geez, just when the DJ's told us not to push. They don't understand English is it??

What songs Popshuvit sang, I don't want to go into detail. Simply awesome. I'll provide links in the bottom if you want to read on what others had to say/ more info.

I'll skip to BEAST cause its already late and I'm still sleepy due to yesterday.

BEAST was awesome, though we had to wait for them quite long before we could finally see them on stage. By then I had already ran to the mosh pit/X-zone when other people started running in and the security people couldn't control. God really blessed me cause I got to be in the mosh pit even though I don't have the tickets for it+ I didn't get stampeded.

They danced to Shock, Breathe, Special, Beautiful and Fiction!!! *screams* and I was nothing but happy... Especially when they threw flowers at the end!! I wish I could've caught one =(

After that was Neon Trees, of which the only female was up on stage playing the drums like nobody's business. Sadly, I only know Animal.

30 Seconds to Mars!!! Okay, so I was/ wasn't really looking forward to them. At least they played Kings and Queens as encore. Awesomeness.

Okay, to conclude, ahem. besides the long queue, stinking sweat smells, expensive everything, dry throats and painful legs and hands, it was awesome. It made me realise lots of stuff, and that alone is enough to say that it was awesome. I wonder how many awesome did I type in this one post?? LOL.

Some other blogposts:
http://septemberturns.blogspot.com/2011/07/mtv-worldstage-live-in-malaysia-2011.html

awesome vids to watch:


Super lucky fan to be able to get such a close footage of them



I took some pics and vids, but unfortunately a) too many to post here, or b) too big to post here. Sorry!!

GTG, tomorrow full Mechanics report *yawns*. Good Night!!

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates